Sep 10, 2013

DESIGNER SPOTLIGHT: ZAC POSEN







Zac Posen did an amazing job! I haven't really spent too much time on him. Actually I had only seen his name before once sometime, but some looks from his show really caught my attention while scrolling through instagram. Looking at his ss14 collection now I can't believe I haven't noticed him before.
Zac is an american who walked into the fashion industry around 2001. He has history in both Parson's School of Design and London's Central Saint Martins University. After finishing a degree of womenswear in London he returned to New York. There he was chosen to design a capsule collection for GenArt's Fresh Face in Fashion, and continued with opening an own design studio. Today he is known worldwide and his collections are sold at retailers such as Saks Fifth Avenue, Net-a-Porter and Neiman Marcus.

I fell in love with the simplicity and spring feeling of the collection. The light shy colors indicating that the spring will come, together with the draping makes it look so effortless. Yet he has a touch of elegance to it despite the color scheme. As for me, I love neutral colors. This fashion-show has though got me thinking of light colors for my spring wardrobe! What do you guys think? Did Zac do a good job or did he leave something out?



No comments:

Post a Comment